The Greater Upper Perkiomen Valley is a quiet, rural oasis spanning 10 municipalities in four counties of southeastern Pennsylvania. Nestled among some of the fastest-growing communities in the Commonwealth, the region offers a wealth of natural and cultural resources, a small-town atmosphere, and a desirable quality of life for those who live, work, and visit there.
In early 2007, in response to growth pressures precipitated by a rapidly changing economy, the Upper Perkiomen Valley Chamber of Commerce embarked on a grassroots effort to assess the current social and economic environments in the Greater Upper Perkiomen Valley. This initiative, appropriately dubbed “PerkUp,” is a two-part effort that initially involved more than 120 participants among public input sessions, focus groups, personal interviews, and workshops. These participants expressed their individual and collective visions for the PerkUp region’s future.
Ultimately, the goals of the Community Assessment and accompanying Community & Economic Development Plan are to identify options and opportunities for the region to attract measured, deliberate, coordinated growth that expands economic opportunity, while retaining the quality of life that distinguishes the Greater Upper Perkiomen Valley.
The GreenUp Plan is an extension of PerkUp. GreenUp's focus is to help transform towns, parks and businesses into inviting and memorable tourist destinations, and in the process, help communities become better places for their residents to live, work and play.
The PerkUp Project represents the best of public-private partnerships, demonstrated by the state, municipal, organizational, institutional, and industry participation and funding it has received to-date.
Click here to view the powerpoint from the 10.10.13 Educaiton Advisory Meeting
- STRENGTHEN the small-town environment by providing broader quality-of-life amenities for all members of the community;
- CONFIRM the value of our open space, natural resources, and agricultural heritage;
- INSTILL a sense of community pride and stewardship that leads to a wider commitment to civic involvement;
- MARKET the region’s assets to residents, visitors, and potential employers;
- DEVELOP a favorable climate for low-impact businesses that provide family-sustaining jobs;
- SUPPORT planned growth through regional planning;
- PROTECT and enhance community and cultural events, open spaces, parks and natural areas, and recreational and fitness opportunities unique to the Upper Perkiomen Valley;
- COOPERATE through active intermunicipal collaboration and public involvement for the shared success of the region.
Click here to view the powerpoint of the Wayfinding and Identity Program.
Greater Upper PerkiomenValley Property Listing
PerkUp Parks & Recreation Map